Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cut and Paste...

This made me chuckle. I've been trying to get Mum to start her own Blog, and I have to say she's actually pretty good now at the whole computer thing, so I think she can do it. But once in a while, she'll send me something that makes me realize that very basic stuff, that I think is something that 'everyone' knows, is not always common knowledge - and of course, why would it be? We're not born with a computer attached to us!! :-) Anyways, here's the passage that made me chuckle, when Mum was talking about how she answers my emails...

Even with a simple web address - I have to get my little notebook, very carefully and accurately copy the entire address out in pencil, then I go back to the email I'm sending you, and then carefully type it all in again. I suspect that if I highlight the address, then do something else (?) it should show up in the email... but how???

Yes folks, that's right - she's talking about cut and paste :-)

No comments: